We are fighting to ensure that the next generation of women will also have the freedoms that we enjoyed as a generation of mothers and parents. This is why we are in favour of maintaining a concept of sex that is tied to the immutable biological binary. We say no to legal and conceptual arbitrariness where men can enter safe spaces at the expense of women and the term woman becomes arbitrary.
- We say yes to a life without sex-based stereotypes, where women and men both take responsibility and where girls are allowed to be rough and wild and boys gentle and caring without this raising doubts about their sex. And we are committed to ensuring that the current and future generation of boys see girls as equals, giving them the opportunity to develop beyond stereotypes.
- We say yes to the parental duty of care and the parental right of care. We say no to undermining parental care through provisions that give children the right to freely choose their name and registered sex.
- We say yes to qualified therapy and explorative diagnostics for children and adolescents. We say no to “affirmative” consultation on surgery, irreversible hormones and medication to “correct” the supposedly wrong body.
- Homosexual people experience broad acceptance in our society. We say yes to masculine
lesbian girls and feminine gay boys. We say no to the trend to convince lesbian girls
they are boys because they love girls or don’t behave in a gender-role conforming way.
We say no to the erasure of homosexuality by claiming to refer to opposite-sex
partners who claim to be of their own sex.
- We say yes to fulfillment of sexuality that goes beyond sex-based norms that limit pleasure and freedom. We say no to a society where women’s bodies are bought and sexually exploited.
- We say yes to protecting children. We say no to a society in which even children can watch brutal violence, described as a sexual practice, on their phones.
- We say yes to self-determined family planning and to to being able to decide for or against a pregnancy. We say no to the control of female fertility and to the health risks associated with illegal abortions. We say no to the control of female fertility and health hazards that result when women are forced to have illegal abortions.
- We say yes to a family constellation with a strong mother at the centre. We say no to endangerment of children by violent fathers.
- Wir sagen Ja zu selbstbestimmter Mutterschaft. Wir sagen Nein zu einer Ausbeutung der weiblichen Reproduktionsfähigkeit durch Leih- bzw. Mietmutterschaft und Eizellspende und wir sagen Nein zu der Inkaufnahme einer Traumatisierung von Mutter und Kind.
- We say yes to medicine and technology that serves people. We say no to the instrumentalization and pathologization of young people in order to turn their bodies into a lifelong source of capital for the pharmaceutical industry and bio- and gene technology.
Yes to reality
Frauenheldinnen e.V. is committed to taking a realistic look at the current challenges, unclouded by ideology.
- We do not claim any moral absolutes. For us, all human beings, men and women alike, have equal rights. Mothers and children, though, have a special need for protection and it must be taken into account that even where there is equality in law, sex-based discrimination and violence have not truly been eliminated.
- We do not pursue an all-inclusive type of feminism that loses sight of women in favour of all kinds of discriminated people – we are committed to fighting the sex-based discrimination and sexual exploitation of women and girls, which is still terribly widespread.
- We are guided by respect for other cultures and religions, but we reject cultural relativism and are not afraid to call out a human rights violation when we see one.
- We value discussions on the matter, but reject boycotting on moral grounds as we consider this cancel culture. We are against narrowing the space for debate through bans on speech or thought, especially when it causes legitimate interests to suffer and stops issues from being discussed.
- We look at things closely and name the points worthy of criticism. We educate without fear of criticism or defamation.
- We are prepared to talk across party-political boundaries. We form alliances of reason and for the sake of the cause.
- We condemn the fact that woke activists trivialise and instrumentalise right-wing extremism and anti-Semitism in order to prevent open debate.